QuickBooks update error 15106 is one of the common 15XXX series that comes up when a QuickBooks user tries to update payroll and the program. The error code 15106 pops up on the screen along with either of these two messages, “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or “Error 15106: The update program is injure.” Keep reading this blog as we examine origin and several methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15106, so stay connected.
If you are unable to find the best way to fix QuickBooks update error 15106, place a call on QuickBooks tech support number 1-855-948-3646 and consult certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons why you get QuickBooks Enterprise error 15106
The error arises due to the following reasons:
- The anti-virus and security application is blocking QuickBooks update.
- You are not logged in as an adminstrator in the computer while running QuickBooks.
- The User Account Control settings are interfering with QuickBooks updates.
- Some components required to update QuickBooks are damaged and corrupted.
Proceed to the troubleshooting section and implement the solutions one by one to get rid of the error.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks 2002 Error
Methods to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop update error 15106
Method 1. Block anti-virus application and rename the QuickBooks folder
- Open Task Manager by tapping Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard and then choose the Processes tab.
- Search for the [ANTIVIRUS].exe file and click End Process.
- Next, to change the QuickBooks update folder: tap the Windows and E keys to open File Explorer and move to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Right-click the downloadqbXX folder, choose the Rename option and add the word .old at the end.
- Once done, download and install the QuickBooks update again.
Method 2. Configure User Account Control settings
- Tap the Windows and R keys at the same time on your keyboard to open the Run command dialog box.
- In the Run box, type Control Panel and select OK to open Control Panel.
- Choose User Accounts, then User Accounts ( Classic View), and click Change user account control settings.
- Set the slider to Never Notify and click OK to turn UAC OFF.
- Drag the slider to Always Notify and select OK to turn UAC ON.
Method 3. Clean Install QuickBooks to eliminate error 15106
- Prepare your data and generate a copy of the company file.
- Note down license information, and product details and start your PC in Selective startup mode.
- To switch to startup mode, open the Run command and go to the General tab.
- Choose Selective startup and Load services, then click the Services tab.
- Click on the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox and click the Disable all button.
- Click to clear the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, select the Windows Installer checkbox, and click OK.
- Select Restart on the System Configuration window and clean install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After reinstalling QuickBooks, switch your workstation back to the normal mode.
We hope you’ll be able to resolve QuickBooks update error 15106 from the root after following the above troubleshooting methods. If the error doesn’t fix, call us on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and get direct consultation from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error Code 4001