We all wish to stay healthy and fit. If the health is affected, it also impacts the overall wellbeing of the individual. Some modern health issues like cancer have made life difficult for people today. The fast life and stress have also increased the cases of ED (erectile dysfunction) issues in men. Researchers are always finding out new ways to protect individuals against different health issues. A new study has revealed that a plant-based diet can reduce the risk of ED issues as well as prostate cancer in men. Let us first understand these two health conditions in greater detail. We can then find out how a plant-based diet helps these conditions.
What Happens in Prostate Cancer?
Cancers are one of the most malicious diseases of the century. Different types of cancers not just threaten life but also deteriorate the quality of life of those who are cured. The seminal fluid in the male body is created in a small walnut shaped organ referred to as the prostate gland. In most cases, prostate cancer develops in the prostate gland itself and does not spread further. Early detection can save the person of any health risks too.
Some common symptoms that indicate the possibility of a prostate cancer are as listed below:
- Men may encounter blood in their urinating.
- They may experience trouble while urinating or may observe lesser force in urination.
- Men suffering from prostate cancer may experience a sudden weight loss without any changes in the diet or lifestyle.
- They may observe blood in their semen.
- Erectile dysfunction may also be one of the side effects resulting from prostate cancer in men.
Prostate cancer begins when the cells of the prostate abnormally divide due to changes in the DNA. The accumulation of abnormal cells over the regular cells causes prostate cancer. There are several risk factors that increase your probability of developing prostate cancer. Here we have shared some of the major risk factors:
Race: Statistics show that the black people stand a higher chance of developing prostate cancer compared to the people of other races.
Age: The probability of several health conditions increases with age. Your chances of developing prostate cancer are maximum after the age of 50.
Obesity: Statistics also show that overweight and obese men stand a higher chance of developing prostate cancer.
Heredity: You stand a higher chance of developing prostate cancer if you have a blood relative who has been diagnosed with the same disease. Studies also reveal that cases of breast cancers in the family also increase your vulnerability for prostate cancer.
How Does a Plant Based Diet Help?
Since any kind of cancer is highly detrimental to life and overall health, we need to work out ways to counter this possibility. A change in your diet could considerably help reduce the risk of prostate cancers. An indicator of prostate cancer is the level of prostate specific antigen in the body. The levels of this antigen remain low in individuals who consume a plant-based diet. Studies also reveal that people who consumed a plant-based diet and developed prostate cancers suffered milder cases compared to others.
What Happens in ED (Erectile Dysfunction) Issues?
One of the major forms of male impotency issues is erectile dysfunction. The issue may arise at any point in life. There are several physical, psychological and lifestyle causes that may result in erectile dysfunction in men. Here we have shared a list of the major causes to help you prevent the possibility.
- Overweight and obese men tend to have greater chance of developing ED issues.
- Malfunctioning PDE5 hormone is usually responsible for ED issues in men.
- Men who are depressed, suffer from anxiety disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder have a greater chance of developing ED issues.
- Lack of emotional compatibility could be another reason for ED issues in men.
- Taboo or aversion towards intimacy or nudity could also result in ED issues in men.
- Smoking and other addictions can increase the vulnerability to ED issues.
- Lack of sleep and resulting stress could also cause ED issues in men.
ED issues arise because the circulation of blood throughout the body and through the reproductive organs are affected. Sometimes, the PDE5 hormone temporarily malfunctions when the person is ill. The PDE5 hormone cuts off blood rush to the male organ during arousal because the blood isn’t enough for the major organs of the body. However, this is only a temporary phase. When the malfunctioning is continuous, you may rely on generic medicines online to tackle ED issues in men. However, the medicines only temporarily alter the functioning of the PDE5 hormone. This is not a permanent solution. Instead of looking for generic medicines online, it is always best to look for a long-term solution.
How a Plant Based Diet Helps in ED?
A plant-based diet improves the circulation of blood throughout the body. The plant-based diet is rich in multiple nutrients. It is also rich in fibre that plays a key role in easy digestion of food. Studies conducted by the researchers clearly indicate that greater consumption of fruits and vegetables lower the risk of erectile dysfunction in men. The plant-based diet also reduces the risk of other health conditions related to heart and blood pressure.
If you wish for improved health, you must include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. It is best to avoid the consumption of junk foods. Reduce the intake of unhealthy fats and sugars. A change in the diet is the first step to better health. There are other measures you can take as listed below:
- Exercise regularly to keep your body fit. Exercise for at least 40 minutes each day.
- Drink the desired amount of water. Dehydration does not allow the body to perform at its optimum.
- Develop a healthy sleep regime. Get at least 6-8 hours of night time sleep.
- Perform yoga and meditation to relax your mind.