The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) is responsible for levying and collecting property tax from individuals owning homes and other properties in Kolkata.
Property owners can pay the property tax of KMC via online and offline processes. The following sections include a detailed guide on how to pay KMC property tax along with information about property tax rebates.
Steps to pay KMC property tax online
Individuals looking to pay KMC property tax online can go through the following steps:
- Go to the official website of KMC.
- Locate the ‘Online Services’ option in the left menu bar and tap on it.
- Now, select ‘Assessment Collection’.
- Choose ‘Make Online Payment’. This will open up three options:
- Current PD: This is the periodic demand for the bills that have been issued annually issued on the basis of the final value of a property.
- Outstanding LOI: This option is for unpaid bills.
- Fresh Supplementary: The issue of fresh supplementary takes place in case of a court order that directs a change in a bill that has been issued previously or an assessment of a property that took place before.
5. After clicking on the relevant option, submit the assessee number, email ID and contact number. Now, a final confirmation mail will appear consisting of necessary payment details.
6. Pay the KMC house tax and then collect the e-receipt. Make sure to take a printout of this receipt for future references.
It is crucial to know the assessee number for KMC tax online payment.
Offline payment of KMC property tax
To pay property tax offline, property owners have to visit the municipality and collect the tax payment form from the respective counter. Then they have to carefully fill it up with relevant information and submit it along with the tax amount. Individuals should remember to collect the tax receipt.
The importance of the property tax receipt lies in the fact that it is necessary while one applies for a loan against property.
The KMC property tax receipt is evidence of property ownership, and it helps an applicant to get the loan amount sanctioned without any hassle. Hence, one should make sure to collect property tax receipts. Those who forget to take a printout of receipt after property tax online payment can opt to reprint the e-receipt from the KMC portal.
Individuals can use a loan against property to fund a wide range of financial requirements. They can easily get out of a debt trap using an LAP. In addition, they use funds from LAP for medical emergencies, weddings, home renovation, business expansion, foreign education of children and more.
Top HFCs provide high quantum loans against property at attractive interest rates and extended repayment tenor. They also provide numerous pre-approved offers to help applicants make a loan application in a hassle-free manner. These offers are also available on other financial instruments such as business loans, home loans, etc. Borrowers can check their pre-approved offers by entering their names and contact details.
Property tax rebates in KMC
Property owners in Kolkata can enjoy a tax rebate on KMC property tax if they pay the tax before the due date. A rebate of 5% or an option to make quarterly payments is applicable within a particular period. However, a rebate is available when one pays taxes of all quarters in one go.
Residents of areas under the jurisdiction of Kolkata Municipal Corporation can refer to the above-mentioned steps for paying their property taxes conveniently.