QuickBooks error 6000 83 is a common company file error that troubles many users from time to time. This error code usually occurs when the user is opening or working on the company file. There can be many reasons for the error code, including insufficient file access permissions. The error can be a little troublesome to handle, and if you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 6000 83, you need to address it on a priority basis. In this article, we will provide you with the solutions to effectively eliminate the error code.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical support team.
What Leads to the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 83?
QuickBooks error message 6000 83 can occur due to the following possible factors –
- You have opted for the regional language settings in Windows, which is set to a language other than English.
- The company file you are trying to access has an incorrect file extension.
- The QuickBooks installation process is incomplete or faulty.
- You are not running QuickBooks as an admin, and you have insufficient folder access permissions.
- The hosting setup is incorrect and misconfigured on your server computer and workstations.
Recommended to read – How to fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 83
If you are encountering the QB error code 6000 83, you can follow the steps given below to fix it –
Step 1 – Activate the File Doctor Feature from the Tool Hub
Firstly, you need to run the specific tool from the QuickBooks tool hub and try to eliminate the company file issues.
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from Intuit’s official site and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.
- Double-click on the tool hub icon and navigate to the Company File Issues tab to find the QBFD tool.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor and browse your company file, followed by selecting the Check your File option.
- Run the file repair process, and once done, rerun QuickBooks to see if the company file error 6000 is dismissed.
Step 2 – Perform a Hosting Reconfiguration on Your Server and Workstations
You can resolve the QB multi-user error 6000 83 by modifying the hosting setup in the following manner –
- Open QuickBooks on your server computer and go to the File menu to access the Utilities drop-down list.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access option to enable the multi-user mode and go to your workstation.
- Open QuickBooks to go to the File menu, and from the Utilities drop-down, select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Once the hosting settings are reconfigured, reopen QuickBooks and access your company file again to see if the error code 6000 83 has been removed.
QuickBooks error 6000 83 is essentially a company file error that can be removed by using the steps provided in this article. If the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of experts.
You may read also – Three simple steps to fix the QuickBooks Error 6190