Moving can be a pleasant and positive experience for some people, but it can also bring about anxiety, worry, or even sadness for others. It all depends on how one has experienced change over the years and their personality.
However, moving means that you will experience a period in your life where you will need to deal with a lot of physical stress, particularly regarding the packaging of fragile items such as plates or glasses.
Before the start of packing
It is recommended to make an inventory before packing plates and glasses. Then, you can divide them according to the material or type.
Because of their different fragilities, crystal glasses, microwave plates, and porcelain plates as well as liquor glasses will not fit in the same container. If you are in Canada, you should know about shipping furniture across Canada.
We must pay attention to the type of glasses we are using. Wine glasses must have a tall box. They will also need different packaging than those for liquor glasses which are smaller and thicker.
Therefore, we set out to make more boxes in size as well as fragility to better package our products and prevent them from breaking.
It is important to first prepare the boxes by placing a type of protective material at the bottom. This protects fragile objects from collisions. While packing you may need to know how to pack mirrors for moving.
Furthermore, it’s possible to categorize boxes according to size to save time and avoid wasting time with positioning them.
To provide support for your dishes, it is recommended to use at least two layers of bubble wrap with polystyrene cups. If you don’t have bubble wrap, you can use wrapping paper, or newspaper to protect your dishes.
How to pack your dishes
- Wrap the plates individually in bubble wrap. Make sure to cover all surfaces. You will then need to cover the plates with newspaper. This paper is only necessary to cover delicate dishes like porcelain. It is not required for thicker dishes, such as those made in the microwave.
- Duct tape is your best friend! You must seal the package securely to prevent the plate from slipping out during transportation.
- To protect them from bumps and scratches during transport, place the dishes vertically in the box.
- The dishes must not be placed on the corners of the box. However, empty spaces in the box must be avoided.
- After you are done filling the box with food, you will need to add a layer of bubble wrap to the top.
- Tape the box and indicate that it is FRAGILE.
Additionally, it is important to take care of the box throughout its journey.
How to pack glasses
The procedure for glasses will be the same as that for plates. For more delicate cases, it may be more appropriate to use special packing. You can also use the same method as for the plates except that you will need more paper to fill the glasses internally.
We recommend using small, corrugated cardboard containers to keep them light and easy to carry.
Once you have completed all of the steps, make sure that the box is filled to the brim. The only thing left is to seal the box tightly and tape the sides.
Also, don’t forget to check other interesting and helpful articles here.