Moving to villa movers in Dubai is one of the most stressful situations you can go through. However, if you start the planning process a month in advance, your move to your new home will go smoothly. Doing it yourself is almost impossible, you’ll have to hire professional movers to avoid last-minute panic. Follow these tips to prepare your villa for the move.
Decluttering is a very important step in preparing to move your villa movers to Dubai. Decluttering should be done the first two weeks before the actual moving date. You should sort your belongings and get rid of what will not be moving with you. You can then donate anything you don’t need or have a garage sale. Sorting things out before you move will save you packing time and space in the truck.
CONTACT YOUR UTILITY PROVIDER
You should contact your utility provider and let them know you are moving. Check with them about the cost of cancellation if you decide to cancel some services. Such as cable and landline phone service. Get all the information about the cancellation and transfer, but before you transfer utilities, find out what utilities are included in the rent in your new home first, and that will be your starting point. Remember to inform your utility provider ahead of time so they can schedule a shutdown after you move in.
FINISH PACKING EARLY
Moving day is going to be very busy. Finishing packing earlier than moving day will help you focus on other important tasks, such as preparing any necessary paperwork. This will allow you to get enough rest, as well as double-check that all of your belongings are packed. Start with things that are not of practical importance, such as decorative items and any items you rarely use. Then pack the essentials and anything else you’ll need until the day of the move.
LABEL EACH BOX
Label each box by writing what is in it and what room it is in. This will help you put the boxes in the right rooms when they arrive in your new home and will save time when you’re trying to find a particular item. You can label the box with the essentials you’ll need right away, like a box for the first night or for the first truck ride and
If your current villa is insured, call your insurance agent and let them know you are moving. They will be able to tell you if it is possible to move your insurance coverage or if you will have to find a new agent. It depends on whether you are moving within the same or a different emirate and whether the insurer works in the new emirate you are moving to.
Before packing, take pictures of items that will serve as proof if any item is missing, broken, or scratched. Don’t forget to take pictures of electronic equipment, especially the complicated wiring of the home entertainment system that you will address later when reconnecting the system in your new home.
NOTIFY THE LANDLORD
If you’re renting, take care to notify your landlord of the move. The required notice period depends on the terms of your lease. Make sure nothing is damaged, as this could result in a deduction from the deposit if there is damage. Give the landlord time to inspect the apartment before you move out. After you move out, you will receive the amount of the security deposit you paid when you checked in.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES TO YOUR MOVE-IN DATE
- Coordinate with the movers on the time and day of your move and prepare a move-out permit, if one is required.
- Fragile items should be labeled so movers can spot them. Use fragile tape or “Handle with Care” stickers.
- Make a checklist of all easily forgotten items and make sure they are packed. Small pieces of furniture, such as screws and nuts, are very important and should be taped to the furniture so you don’t lose them during the move.
- Take pictures of all fragile items before packing and show their condition to the moving team to take full responsibility in case of damage during the move.
- Carefully prepare a packing list for each item to be moved. The packing list will help you locate missing items after the move.
- If you are looking for professional villa movers in Dubai, contact 800 TRUCK toll-free at 800 87825. We are the leading professional movers and packers in the UAE. Our well-trained staff will ensure that your move is hassle-free.