To screen record on your Apple iPhone 13, the first thing you need to do is go to Settings and put the screen record icon in the Control Centre. Once this is done, just open Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner of your display. Press the icon, which acts as a record button, and that’s it!
We have discussed how to screen record on iPhone 13. iPhone 13 has a built-in screen recording system that allows you to record your screen along with the audio which is optional.
When my mother finally switched over from an Android phone, she got the Apple iPhone 13. She was used to the easy-to-access record button on Android, but she couldn’t figure out how to record her iPhone’s screen on her new phone. Fortunately, I was able to show her how in just a few minutes.
If you’ve been looking for how to screen record on iPhone 13, here are the solutions. This is a basic guide to show you how to get this done with a few taps. Let’s get right into it.
How Do I Start a Screen Recording Video on iPhone 13 Series?
Screen recording on iPhone 13 isn’t difficult, especially since the screen recording feature has been built directly into the OS.
However, you have to add the screen recording icon to your Control Center for easy access. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap “Control Center“.
- Add the “Screen Recording” option to the Control Center by tapping the green plus icon beside it.
How to Start Screen Recording on Your iPhone 13?
Making a screen recording video on your Apple iPhone 13 becomes easy once you have the option in your Control Center. All you have to do is:
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of your iPhone screen to open Control Center.
- Look for the Screen Recording control. It’s a circle with a ring around it.
- Tap the Screen Recording button, and after a three-second countdown, it will start recording.
How to Stop Screen Recordings on iPhone 13?
When you are done recording, you can click on the red circle around the clock at the top-left corner of the display. Then, select the “Stop” option in the menu that pops up to stop recording.
You can also stop recording by tapping the Screen Recording button in the Control Center again. The color will change from red to white.
How to Start a Screen Recording with External Sounds?
By default, your iPhone doesn’t record external sounds while screen recording. The microphone is off while the video is being made.
However, you can turn on the microphone to include your voice or other external sounds. To enable the microphone, just follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the Screen Recording icon in your Control Center.
- A new screen appears and you can control the screen record settings.
- At the bottom of the new screen, there is a microphone icon. Tap to turn it on.
- Tap the “Start Recording” button to record external sounds on your Apple iPhone 13.
Why Isn’t Screen Recording Working on My iPhone 13?
Some apps, features, or actions can stop you from screen recording on your iPhone 13 due to copyright or security concerns. For example, video streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu block don’t allow this feature. Sensitive data like adding credit card numbers can’t be recorded on the iPhone 13.
There are other reasons why this feature might not work on your iPhone 13. You can take a look at these reasons and troubleshooting tips below.
Screen Time Setting Prevents It
If you’re having difficulty while trying to screen record gaming videos on your iPhone 13, you may have a Screen Time setting stopping it.
To fix this:
- Open Settings.
- Select “Screen Time“.
- Go to “Content and Privacy Restrictions“.
- Tap “Content Restrictions“.
- Then, in the “Game Center” section, go to the “Screen Recording” option.
- Tap “Allow“.
Screen Mirroring Is On
You may not be able to make screen recordings on your iPhone 13 because you can’t mirror your screen at the same time you record it. If you do that, the video won’t save.
Software Glitches or Bugs
In most cases, when the iPhone 13 doesn’t allow screen recording, it may be due to software glitches or bugs in iOS.
Luckily, there are two ways you can fix these issues:
- If you can’t figure out why screen recording won’t work on your iPhone 13, restarting your iPhone is always a great first step. This simple move tends to cure software glitches and bugs.
- Sometimes, an iOS update is what you need to resolve major bugs that may stop you from screen recording. if there’s a new version available, update your OS.
Why Can’t I See the Screen Recording Icon on My iPhone?
The major reason you can’t see the screen recording icon on your iPhone is that the screen recording button in the Control Center is disabled by default.
It is important to add this icon to your iPhone’s Control Center. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the feature on your iPhone.
All you need to do is follow the steps discussed above and you’ll see the icon.
While you’re at it, you can drag and tap the items in the “Included Controls” list to rearrange the order of your Control Center shortcut buttons to your liking.
Once you get the recording icon into your Control Centre on your Apple iPhone 13, making a video of whatever is happening on your display is really simple. Just open the Control Center and tap the icon on your phone.
If you want to use the iPhone’s microphone to record the screen as well, you just need to hold down the icon in Control Center and tap the microphone icon there. This way, you can add a live voiceover.
Did this article show you how to record the screen on your Apple device? If so, check our related articles to learn a whole lot more.