A GUIDE TO SELLING YOUR FURNITURE Burlington Movers
There comes a time when every family has to make the tough decision of what to do with their old furniture. It’s usually not easy, but there is no reason for it to be difficult! The CARGO CABBIE blog will help you sell your furniture like an expert. We’ll provide you with proven tips and tricks that we use on a daily basis. If you’re looking for some advice in this area, look no further than our guide below!
PREPPING THE FURNITURE FOR SELLING
– When you are ready to sell your furniture, it’s important to clean everything really well. Pull out all the couch cushions and take them outside for a good shake! This will help remove any dust or grime that has collected over time while also freshening up the fabric. Next, vacuum and sweep thoroughly before putting things back.
– If a piece of furniture has any stains or pet hair on it, use rubbing alcohol and a white cloth to gently scrub away the dirt. This will help remove stubborn marks that won’t come out with just soap and water!
– It’s important to list your items in an accessible space where potential buyers can see them easily. Consider the top of your stairs or the back porch. If you want to sell something that is large, like a fridge for example, place it outside on its end so people can walk around and see what they are interested in!
– Be sure to include cheap items with high price tags when selling furniture.
Why? People love deals!! Add some inexpensive items to your furniture sale, like a new set of coasters or some dinner plates. This will entice more people to buy and help you make the most profit!
– It’s important that potential buyers know what they are getting before they purchase anything from you. If there is something wrong with an item (such as a scratch), be sure to mention it.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Guelph Movers by emailing us at [info AT cargocabbie.ca] We will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible!
HOW TO SELL FURNITURE ONLINE
If you ar selling a larger item like furniture, it may be worth hiring a professional to transport and pack the goods. Otherwise you will need to arrange for someone with a car or truck and some packing materials.
– Include your email address in each description if there is any chance that your potential customer might want more information from you (e.g., asking about measurements)
– Take high quality photos of all angles of the piece being sold
– Have an accurate price listed on your page; research comparable pieces online before listing yours so that you can have a competitive pricing strategy
– Make sure to list dimensions specifically (i.e.; HxWxL), as well as images showing these dimensions
– Listing should include general condition a dealer, or simply someone who wants to sell second-hand furniture in your home on the internet then this article is for you. In order to understand how best to sell used furniture online it’s important first of all that we outline what factors will affect the resale price and value of your items. When selling any type
– Before you list your furniture, take some time and research the prices of these items in your area so that you don’t set yourself up for disappointment later on. You want to make sure that when selling, you’re getting a fair price for what is yours.
BEST WEBSITES TO SELL USED FURNITURE ONLINE
Know before you go: there are several things you should keep in mind when it comes time for deciding how to sell your used furniture. We’ve created a list of things to take into consideration before listing your used furniture for sale online.
- Kijiji.ca You’ve undoubtedly seen their ads on the TTC. What began as a solely Canadian company is now expanding into other major cities and countries. This company is the number one place at the moment to sell lightly used furniture in Toronto. Fair warning: you may end up selling something and buying something else as
- Kijiji site acts as a marketplace to buy and sell furniture online with tons of options.
- Etsy– Another company Torontonians love to sell lightly used furniture, Etsy is simple to use and has a solid and loyal user base. The draw of Kijiji.ca is after listing your furniture they handle the rest from selling to pickup and delivery. Take a more detailed look at how it looks on their “How it Works” page
- Facebook Marketplace– Facebook has been building up a number of new additions to the already robust social media giant. One of these is Facebook Marketplace. Although they don’t have options to pick up and deliver your furniture like the above two, it’s simple to create a post and communicate with potential buyers, and both the website and app make it easy to target your neighborhood through specific groups or the city as a whole.
- Craigslist: This site has been around since 1995 making it one of the oldest options available to those looking to buy or sell their used furniture pieces. The advantage here is that there’s strength in numbers – thousands of potential buyers can view listings at once which means more exposure for your items.
Apps like LetGo and OfferUp on the App Store and Google Play Store have been gaining popularity to sell all kinds of used goods and there are tons of users in Toronto. Both are definitely worth downloading. The simplicity of each user interface is what makes them terrific tools.
- Letgo: This app has been called the “Craigslist killer” as it offers a similar experience to Craigslist
- with simpler posting and selling functions, less scams, and more payment options than its predecessor had.
- The downside is that like any new company there are bugs in need of fixing – sometimes listings don’t show up on searches
- when they do they’re not properly sorted by date making it difficult for potential buyers to find them quickly.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SELL YOUR USED FURNITURE
The easiest and most effective way would be through an online portal. Selling on these sites will allow you to reach a much wider audience while saving time, money, and hassle of traveling around town with your items in tow. Online selling also eliminates the need for storage space or additional manpower on moving day.