Want to fix QuickBooks error 15215 update error? Or, do you get the message “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature”? No worries! It’s a Quickbooks error 15215 is a payroll update error. It may occur for several reasons.
Therefore, we bring you this guide. It’ll help you understand the causes of the error. Further, you can also try the solutions mentioned here.
Let’s dive in!
Common Reasons for Why Quickbooks Error 15215 Appears?
Getting an error message makes it easy to identify the problem. But, if your system freezes it may also be a symptom of QuickBooks error #15215. In the same order, your system may begin to perform slowly.
So if you’re experiencing these problems, learn the most common reasons
- An improper or incomplete QuickBooks setup
- Malware or virus in your system
- Corrupted payroll file (s) in the system
- Corrupted window
- Mistakenly deleted a QuickBooks file or files
- Incorrect configuration of Microsoft internet explorer
- Updating software without closing background apps
What Are the Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error 15215?
This QuickBooks error 15215 may trigger for many reasons. But, one of them is when you’re updating the software and background apps are running.
Hence, now that you’re aware of its causes, let’s move to solutions. Try one solution at a time and if QuickBooks error 15215 persists, move to the next solution.
Method 1: Reboot Your System
To begin, reboot your system. It’s because this is the easiest method. In the case of QuickBooks payroll, it’ll help in restoring the connection.
After that, try opening the QuickBooks application. But if you more often face the error, you should try other solutions.
Method 2: Access QB Desktop as System Administrator
Always run QuickBooks as a windows admin. It lets you control the window application
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Then, select Run as Administrator.
- Tap Yes to this message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Method 3:Restart Your Computer System in Selective Start-Up
Restarting QuickBooks in selective start-up helps you run it swiftly. It closes all background apps and eliminates other technical glitches
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, press Window + R to launch the Run window.
- Type ‘MSConfig’ and hit the enter button.
- After that, click the ‘Ok’ button.
- The System Configuration Utility window will open.
- Now, tap the ‘Selective Startup option.
- Also, tick the load startup checkbox.
- Tap ‘Ok’ and ‘Save’.
- Restart your computer and reopen the QB again.
- Download the current tax table and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once done, select the Normal Startup box and hit the ok button. Then, restart your system.
Method 4: Properly Configure TLS Settings of Internet Explorer
Check to see if:
- TLS 1.0 is checked and
- TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are unchecked in Internet explorer.
Use these steps
- Close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, open the Internet Explorer.
- Now, select ‘Internet Options’
- Tap on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- After that, select ‘Advanced Settings’ to search for Use TLS boxes.
- Tick the TLS 1.0 box and untick Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 boxes.
- Click the ‘OK’ option to close the window and Internet Explorer completely.
- Give a quick reboot and again open the QuickBooks accounting software.
Also Read: QuickBooks File Doctor is Not Working
With that, we hope the QuickBooks error 15215 has been fixed. Sometimes the problem is unknown, but the solutions can help you solve it. But, you can escape it by updating your QuickBooks software regularly. Nonetheless, if the issue continues to appear, contact an expert. The expert will provide you with step-by-step advice and a permanent solution.