Formerly in the year, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship made the below-mentioned amendments:
- Post-study visa plans were introduced by DIAC, where graduates of bachelor, master and PhDs shall be permitted to work in Australia for four years after graduation.
- Instead of just IELTS, Australian student visa applicants are now permitted to put forward results from the examination of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT), the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, and the Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) test.
- DIAC allowed prepaid homestay fees to be incorporated in the assessment of the financial requirements.
- The extension was granted to the Ph.D. students staying in Australia until the completion of the research work and its marking.
- The pre-visa assessment (PVA) policy is now discontinued for student visa applicants from Assessment Levels 3 and 4 (enrollment in a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification).
- The evaluation levels have been lowered significantly, for applicants from a number of countries.
These Changes Will Have The Following Effect:
The visa application charge of AUD$535 now is applicable to most visa applications (previously AUD$565) and the same is non-refundable. No fee is applicable for students who are sponsored under Common Wealth Programs, secondary school exchange students, or students affected by the closure of their education provider. To know if you come in this category, visit an Australian Visa agent.
Visa Processing For Higher Education Students
Student visa applicants who file their applications with a Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) from a participating university in Australia at the bachelor, master, or doctoral degree level will be assessed as though they are a lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1), despite of their country of origin.
Permission To WorkWell versed
Students who were given Student Visas on or after 26 April 2008 have automatic work rights – included in the $535 visa application to charge. If, though, you were granted a student visa before this date. And if you wish to apply for work rights. Then this will attract a fee of $75.
Before March 2012, global students were allowed to work up to the utmost of 20 hours per week. The same employment Restrictions have been altered to a more flexible 40 hours every 15 days. Wherein a student can work 15 hours in a week and 25 hours the coming week, rather than following 20 hours per week stringently. Students may work unlimited hours during semester breaks. Work limits are not applicable to students carrying out a master’s or doctoral degree.
For better clarity and more information, visit the nearest Student Visa agent.
Immigration counselors help you through the various stages of the visa application. They give you a complete understanding of all categories of student visas. We will assist you with visa submission, relevant documentation, and processing to ensure your application is successful. Immigration agents Perth strives to meet your immigration needs keeping in mind time constraints. Well-versed with the rules and regulations of the migration industry. Immigration Agents provide detailed guides and complete assistance for Perth WA Education, Admission, and Student Visa. Vinny is one of the best choices as an overseas education consultant in Australia.