How does one define a Trademark Logo?
A trademark is a sign, symbol, word, or word registered or legalized for the use of representation of a company’s product or services. Hence, any tamper or illegal use of this trademark by any other company it does not belong to gives the authorized company the right to legal action – making the trademark of a company the most important feature of its existence.
Why do Companies assign themselves a Logo?
A logo is a type of trademark consisting of a design generally used by a company or person and placed on its products or printed material related to its services. The Logo may be a design by itself, a design with letters or words, or a design consisting simply of stylized words or letters. In contrast, some trademarks consist solely of letters or words without any design, but they are not trademark logos. Read More: Nidhi Company Registration
What are the Attributes of a Perfect Trademark Logo?
- The Logo should be elegant, precise, and easy to remember by the consumers
- A good logo design for a trademark must comprise necessary elements, including colors, sketch lines, words, text, or amazing design.
- The Logo should not conflict with any of the community or religious names, any geographical name, or any already registered trademark.
- The Logo should not consist of any promotional or adultery words.
How does a company apply for a Logo registration?
Logo Registration Process
Once the applicant registers his company, it must register its trademark with the Registrar, which is valid for ten years only. It is a simple and important process and does not require much effort.
Trademark Logo Search
- The first step to registering a trademark is to search for its availability and uniqueness.
- The Trademark Attorney will search online and offline.
- Once confirmed unique, the trademark registration application can be filed.
Application filing for Trademark Logo Registration
The applicant can file the trademark application both online and offline.
- Register on the Trademark Office Portal
- Post-registration, log in using the user ID or digital signature
- Fill in the application form and save details to generate a temporary application number
- Sign application using a digital signature
- Make the application fee payment
- The examiner will generate a permanent application number two days after receipt of payment
- After the trademark filing application, the examination takes place for any discrepancies.
- The examination takes about 12-18 months.
- The examination may be passed, conditionally, or objected.
- If accepted absolutely, the trademark gets published in the Trademark Journal.
- If not accepted, the objections mentioned in the examination report must be fulfilled in a month for the trademark to be published in the Trademark Journal. Read More: Trademark Renewal
Publication of Trademark Logo
The applicant must publicly declare the trademark and face any objection(s) within 3-4 months of publication.
- In case there is no opposition, the trademark proceeds for registration
- In case of opposition, there is a fair hearing, and the Registrar takes the decision.
Trademark Logo Registration Certificate
After the applicant proceeds for trademark registration after publication in Trademark Journal, the RoT will issue the trademark registration certificate to the company
What are the attachments of the Logo registration application?
- Applicant details like name, address, and nationality; if the applicant is a company, then the state of incorporation
- Goods or services to register
- Trademark or logo copy
- Date of first use of the trademark in India, if used by you before applying.
- Power of attorney to be signed by the applicant in Rs. 100 stamp paper
- If the mark contains or consists of non-English words, then the applicant must submit a a translation of those words into English.
How can Registrationwala help you in filing the Logo registration?
We at Registrationwala provide end-to-end solutions for Trademark Logo registration. Our services include:
- Collection of information and starting the process
- Drafting the application
- Reviewing the draft and making changes if necessary
- Monitoring the application and helping in the process of trademark publication.
Registrationwala.com is a leading legal consultancy firm providing comprehensive services relating to Trademark Logo. Contact us now if you seek to trademark a logo. Read More: DoT Compliances
For the Trademark Logo registration of your company, you must first fulfill the eligibility criteria and arrange the required documents.