We cannot move the OST files to another location, or you can say, importing an OST file directly into any email client is not possible. You need to convert the OST files into Outlook PST file format to import them into Outlook. It employs two kinds of Outlook database files. Most of the Outlook accounts have data in PST format, which means it is easy to send or receive mail using the exchange server. But the second format is the OST format for Outlook accounts, which is stored in offline mode so users can work even when they can use the emails in an out of connectivity situation. The examples given in this essay will serve as a guide for further discussion.
Definition of the OST File
If you are using Outlook for email conversations or at the time you open a new account in the Outlook email client, an encrypted data file called “Offline Storage Table” (OST) will be created. An offline storage table (OST) is a file created by Microsoft Outlook to temporarily store emails, contacts, and other items while you are working offline. They’re especially beneficial if there’s a server outage or a shaky internet connection.
When Do OST Files Get Involved?
- The virus infected OST files.
- Power cut between synchronizing processes
- Exceeded the limit of an OST file.
- Connectivity issues while syncing
- Faulty sector on your hard drive
- There are bugs and damage in the OST files.
If you can’t open your OST file, it’s most certainly damaged; but, don’t panic; you can quickly retrieve your data using the manual methods listed below. Lastly, we determine when an OST file should be moved to a different Outlook.
Technique 1: Utilize the Import and Export Tool in Outlook
Let’s start this manual method using the import and export options in your Outlook account. Now connect your Microsoft Exchange account to the Outlook email client, which is actually the cornerstone of the OST file creation process. Steps below to instructions to save OST files into Outlook PST file.
- To open or export a file, go to Files > Open & Export.
- From the drop-down option, choose Import & Export.
- After picking an Outlook data file, click Next.
- After choosing the Outlook Data File, click Next (.pst).
- Select the folder you would like to import and then click Next.
- Choose the appropriate choice for duplicate items and browse to the location where you need to save the fresh PST file.
Limited Option of Manual Method
- This process requires installing Outlook on your system.
- Technical knowledge is also involved.
- Linking to the exchange server with your system
- Chances of data loss or damage to the main OST file
- Slow process and long following steps.
Technique 2: Importing an OST Files into Outlook PST Professionally
We talk about the manual techniques for importing OST files into PST file format, but the manual process has limitations and many drawbacks. Here we are assisting the OST to PST converter software with an innovative solution. We suggest an OST to PST converter third-party expert with reliable infusion for moving OST files.
One can study a thorough preview of your OST mail prior to exporting it to a new PST file using the software’s intelligent preview tool.
Instructions to follow for importing
To convert an OST file to an Outlook-compatible format, simply download the software to your computer.
In the software, you can add files and preview OST files. Then press the Export button.
Select the PST radio choice and follow the on-screen directions to import an OST file into Outlook. You can make use of advanced options (if required).
Click the OK button after browsing the PST file.
In conclusion, Alternating an OST file’s default location isn’t consistently a good idea. after changing the location of the Outlook data file, users may have difficulties, or the operation may fail due to an error. We are ending this write-up with an expert solution. After continuing with the special method to import OST files into Outlook, you will not need this post. The official page will assist you with all your queries. On the other hand, you can try the demo version of the OST to PST converter for better working knowledge.