QuickBooks is a frequently used accounting application by mid-sized businesses and freelancers. It’s essential that we keep QuickBooks updated to preventing it from being vulnerable to errors. One such common error that can occur in your QB Desktop is the QuickBooks error 15240. QuickBooks error 15240 disrupts the functioning of QuickBooks, and your screen displays an error message “Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” If you are encountering the error, follow this article till the end for detailed solutions about QuickBooks desktop error 15240.
In case you are unable to resolve the error on your own, you can get technical support from our support team by calling us at 1.855.738.2784.
What are the Reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240?
- You are operating an outdated version of QB desktop on your system, which is disrupting access to QB.
- You have admin rights to perform specific actions on the QuickBooks desktop through your windows user account.
- QuickBooks is being used in multi-user mode, which is unsuitable for installing QB updates.
- Your Windows have registry errors that are causing the error code 15240.
- Third-party applications or Windows Firewall is preventing you from downloading the updated file.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Reliable Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 15240
You can fix the QuickBooks Error code 15240 by following the steps given below –
Solution 1: Grant Permissions for the QuickBooks Installation Folder
- Quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and then access Open Windows File Manager on your desktop.
- Find the C:\Program Files\ folder and then right-click on the Intuit Folder on your screen.
- Hit the Properties option visible on your screen and then press the Advanced tab option.
- Confirm if the User Group is set to the owner and then press the Advanced Security Settings section and hit Change left to the Owners section.
- Now, under the Enter the object name to select section, enter the names of the Users and then press Check Names.
- Press OK and then checkmark the Replace owner on the dub containers objects section and click Apply and then press OK.
- Under the Permissions section, select the Users and then choose Full control; again, press Apply and then hit OK, and you are done.
Solution 2: Permit QuickBooks Executable Files to go through the Windows Firewall
Check if QuickBooks has permission to allow executable files to go through windows Firewall and follow these steps to provide permission.
- Access the Firewall program you are presently using on your system and go to the settings on your desktop.
- If qbw32.exe or qbupdate.exe processes are visible to you in the list of programs restricted by the Firewall, eliminate the restrictions from these two processes.
- Also confirm that Port 80 and 443 are not restricted by your Firewall.
QuickBooks error 15240 principally interferes with payroll updates and can be addressed by following the steps given above. If the error code persists, you can reach us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our QB expert team.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 1712